Before you buy a hearing aid, ask your hearing instrument specialist these important questions:
• What features would be most useful to me?
• What is the total cost of the hearing aid? Do the benefits of newer technologies outweigh the higher
• Is there a trial period to test the hearing aids? (Most manufacturers allow a 30- to 60-day trial period
during which aids can be returned for a refund.) What fees are nonrefundable if the aids are returned
after the trial period?
• How long is the warranty? Can it be extended? Does the warranty cover future maintenance and
• Can the hearing instrument specialist make adjustments and provide servicing and minor repairs?
Will loaner aids be provided when repairs are needed?
• What instruction does the hearing specialist provide?